Friday, January 29, 2010

Midnight Snack

There's rules for everything, right...don't cross the street until you get the signal (unless you're in NYC), don't take candy from strangers and don't eat rich foods after 8pm. Yeah, yeah, yeah. Well, my Mama taught me well. I still don't take candy from strangers...

So tonight I was craving chocolate chip cookies but I didn't have any eggs or wheat flour. It was late and raining and I just was not going to the store. After trying a few google searches, I found a recipe without eggs. It did call for wheat flour but I substituted rice flour since that's all I had...and also because every time I eat something with wheat in it, my allergic reaction tends to be worse. And I shouldn't keep playing with that or I'll end up with anaphylactic shock or something bad.

I used real butter, brown sugar, vanilla. No imitation stuff for me. I'd love it if I had a farm right down the road where I could get everything fresh. I was skeptical but pleasantly surprised. The cookies were scrumptious...golden brown, crumbly, moist, rich, flaky, and of course I ate them while they were still warm accompanied by Lactaid. It's funny, I saw someone in a grocery store tell someone else to put the Lactaid back (guess they weren't lactose intolerant) because it tastes bad. I haven't noticed. Tastes like milk to me.

Here is the recipe if you are ever in the mood for cookies and realize you have no eggs. I left out the oats and raisins. It's the kind of thing you can play with. Maybe next time I'll also add pecans. http://www.recipezaar.com/Oatmeal-Chocolate-Chip-Cookies-No-Eggs-3954

No comments:

Post a Comment